Last fall, Don (the owner) had the vision to create a woodlands ceremony option for our brides! His vision was a chapel facade surrounded by beautiful trees, complete with wooden benches and stunning doors that could be opened to reveal a wooden cross if desired. After months of planning and building and trying several design ideas, his vision has come to life and our couples have the opportunity to exchange vows at the NEW Chapel in the Woods!
FAQs about our new ceremony site:
1) How many people can be seated in the Chapel area? There are permanent benches for up to 150 guests; additional guests can be accommodate by adding chairs at the back.
2) Can I decorate the Chapel? Of course! We want your wedding to be YOUR wedding, so you are welcome to personalize the space. Both the cross and the chapel can be decorated with drapery, flowers, additional lighting, etc.
2) Is the Chapel illuminated at night? Yes, there is uplighting at night, so you are welcome to do night portraits there. There is also a rustic chandelier to help illuminate the area.
3) Can I do my first look at the Chapel? Certainly! When you book your wedding at Historic Jasmine Plantation, you have access to the entire plantation. You are welcome to take pictures anywhere on the property, including the chapel. Regardless of which ceremony site you choose, you have access to both the pergola and the Chapel for photo opps!
4) Are there electric outlets for a DJ to play ceremony music? Yes, there are several outlets available for your DJ. There are outlets available both on the chapel platform and to the side of the space (typically DJs set up at the outlet to the side so you don't have speakers in all of your wedding photos!
5) How much does it cost to get married at the Chapel? There is no price difference between the pergola and the chapel, so standard package prices apply. Visit our Contact page to inquiry about pricing!
Photo by Lindsey Lyons Photography